Vote in the GIO Audience Awards
The GIO Audience Awards for Best International Narrative Feature, Best International Documentary, Best Australian Narrative Feature and Best Australian Documentary are announced after the Festival.
Rate the feature-length films you see and you could win the chance to host your own private screening of an Audience Award-winning film, courtesy of GIO, or other fantastic prizes from Crumpler, SFF cinema venues and restaurant partners.
- You can only vote once for each feature-length film.
- You can vote for a film at any time after it has screened, until 11:59pm 18 June 2023.
- A maximum total of four votes per film are permitted per account or email address.
Web Voting Instructions
Use the code at the bottom of your ticket to rate each film out of a possible 10 stars. You must be logged into your account to access the voting page.
App Voting Instructions
- Log in to the official SFF 2023 App, go to ‘My Tickets’ and select a title you’ve seen to vote for it.
- On the ticket screen, tap ‘Vote’ (in the upper right-hand corner).
- Enter your rating, on a scale of one to 10 stars, to submit your vote.
- Repeat until you’ve voted for all the feature-length films you’ve seen.
Subscribers are also permitted to vote via a paper form (available from the State Theatre box office on presentation of the individual’s subscription pass) which must be completed and returned to the State Theatre box office prior to the Closing Night session.
Prizes up for grabs
- Your own private screening of an Audience Award-winning film for 50 friends, courtesy of GIO
- Two Crumpler camera bags
- Two double passes to Palace Cinemas
- Three double passes to Palace Cinemas
- Two double passes to boutique Events Cinema sessions
- ABODE Bistro.Bar voucher
- ESCA voucher
- Lotus the Galeries voucher
- Odd Culture voucher
- Fix Wine Bar + Restaurant voucher
- glass brasserie voucher
Every feature-length film screened in SFF 2023 (excluding Boxed Set, Restoration and Retrospective titles) is eligible to be included in the GIO Audience Awards. Short films (films under 40 minutes in length) are not eligible for inclusion.
In the case of Australian co-productions and/or hybrid films, the film’s producer will be asked to nominate whether they wish to be included in the International or Australian vote, and/or Narrative or Documentary vote respectively.
To be included in the official count, for each specific film title the number of votes received must be 10% or more of that film’s total sales with a minimum requirement of 50 votes. This threshold does not apply per session but rather per film title.
See our full terms and conditions of the GIO Audience Awards.