Volunteer applications for 2021 are still open! If you’re a film fanatic with time and energy to spare, Sydney Film Festival wants your help this November.
Volunteers play an integral role in the coordination of the Festival and are an important part of the team. SFF values the skills and the time generously contributed by our volunteers each year. Volunteers have the chance to meet new people, make friends and learn new skills in a creative, fun environment.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the selection process at the start of October 2021. If you have any questions about this year’s Volunteer Program, please contact email@example.com.
Please read the 2021 Volunteer Description below before submitting your application. Applications close Thursday 30 September 2021.
2021 Volunteer Position Description
- You must be over 18 years old
- Volunteers will commit to a minimum of five shifts, generally four to five hours each shift, across the 12 days of the Festival. The volunteer schedule will be released in mid October.
- The volunteer team is selected based on weekend and evening availability, as well as experience and enthusiasm. Applicants may be asked to attend a short interview.
- Volunteers are required to attend a compulsory volunteer briefing session
- Queue and crowd management
- Ticket scanning
- Distributing programs
- Greeting patrons
- Providing Festival information
- Special events
Benefits of volunteering:
- Learn practical front of house skills
- Meet like-minded people including SFF staff, audiences and fellow volunteers
- Get industry experience and a behind-the-scenes insight
- Contribute to Sydney’s culture and support the not-for-profit Festival
- Receive an Admit 1 Pass to book a Festival film ticket per volunteer shift
- Invitation to the Volunteer Thank You Party