Volunteer applications for 2021 are now open! If you are a film fanatic with time and energy to spare, Sydney Film Festival wants your help this August. Apply here!
Volunteers play an integral role in the coordination of the Festival and are an important part of the team. They have the chance to meet new people, make friends and learn new skills in a creative, fun environment. SFF values the time and expertise generously contributed by volunteers each year.
In keeping with its mission and values, SFF recognises the importance of equal opportunity and diversity in creating a healthy team environment, and promotes a safe culture that is free from discrimination. SFF welcomes volunteer applications from First Nations people, people with disability, LGBTQI+ people and those who come from culturally diverse backgrounds.
If you have any questions about this year’s Volunteer Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the Volunteer Position Description below before submitting your application.
Applications close Sunday 27 June 2021. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the selection process in mid-July.
Submit an application to volunteer for the 2021 Sydney Film Festival here.
2021 VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
- You must be over 18 years old
- Volunteers will commit to a minimum of five shifts, generally four to five hours each shift, across the 12 days of the Festival. The volunteer schedule will be released in early August
- The volunteer team is selected based on weekend and evening availability, as well as experience and enthusiasm.
- Applicants may be asked to attend a short interview
- Volunteers are required to attend a compulsory volunteer briefing session
- Queue and crowd management
- Ticket scanning
- Distributing programs
- Greeting patrons
- Providing Festival information
- Special events
Benefits of volunteering:
- Learn practical front of house skills
- Meet like-minded people including SFF staff, audiences and fellow volunteers
- Get industry experience and a behind-the-scenes insight
- Contribute to Sydney’s culture and support the not-for-profit Festival
- Receive an Admit 1 Pass to book a Festival film ticket per volunteer shift
- Invitation to the Volunteer Thank You Party