Volunteer applications for 2023 have closed
Volunteers play an integral role in the coordination of the Festival and are an important part of the team. SFF values the skills and the time generously contributed by our volunteers each year. You’ll get the chance to meet new people, make friends and learn new skills in a creative, fun environment.
Supported by Transport for NSW with free travel for volunteers on selected public transport.
If you have any questions about this year’s Volunteer Program, please contact email@example.com
Volunteer position description
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must be able to commit to a minimum of five shifts, generally four to five hours each shift, across the 12 days of the Festival. The volunteer schedule will be released mid-May.
- The volunteer team is selected based on weekend and evening availability, as well as experience and enthusiasm. You may be asked to attend a short interview.
- You’ll be required to attend a compulsory volunteer briefing session.
- queue and crowd management
- ticket scanning
- distributing programs
- greeting patrons
- providing Festival information
- assisting with special events
Benefits of volunteering include:
- learn practical front of house skills
- meet like-minded people including SFF staff, audiences and fellow volunteers
- get industry experience and a behind-the-scenes insight
- contribute to Sydney’s culture and support the not-for-profit Festival
- receive an Admit 1 Pass to book a SFF ticket per volunteer shift
- receive an invitation to the Volunteer Thank You Party.