Personal information we collect may include your name, age range, contact details securely tokenised credit cards.
How we collect personal information
Collection of data through SFF channels
Sydney Film Festival collects your personal information when you provide details for the following purposes:
- Ticket purchases – including via our website, box offices, phone, email or mobile app.
- Subscriptions & memberships
- Event or Competition registrations
- Program & Merchandise purchases
- Job applications
- Feedback forms & surveys
- Registering for our eNews
- When you communicate with us through correspondence, emails, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites.
- Interacting with our website or mobile app
Collection of data from third parties
We will endeavour to let you know where we collect personal information from third parties or public sources, such as ticketing organisations, our partners or venues hosting our events.
Data obtained from contractors
What personal information we collect
We only collect personal information for purposes which are directly related to our services, functions, events or activities. If you do not provide this information’s we may not be able to provide you with some or all of our services, including tickets to our events.
We may collect the following types of personal information
Name, mailing or street address, email, telephone number
Age, date of birth, gender
Credit or debit card, and/or bank account details.
We collect financial information to execute purchases and donation transactions. We share this information with credit card processing organisations as necessary to complete the transactions, but no credit card information is shared with any third parties or permanently stored on our web server.
Sessions purchased, attended or enquired about, including additional information necessary to effect those purchases and respond to your enquiries.
Our venues may operate closed circuit television (CCTV), and operate in compliance with relevant surveillance regulations.
With permission we store information for patrons access requirements (level access, wheelchair positions etc) to ensure venue staff best assist upon arrival.
Any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
Using our website
When you use our website, we may collect your IP address, geolocation information, device type, browser type, version, browser plug in types, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the websites, add data, and standard web log information. We may also collect other personal information, such as details of your seating information, event type preference and opinions through our online surveys.
When you visit our website, a data file called a “cookie” is stored on your computer or mobile device by our server. Cookies help us provide provide a more customised service and helps you get the best out of our website. Cookies are small files that storie information on your computer, TV mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that puts the cookie on your devise to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and or browsing sessions. Depending on the browser you use, some of the cookies we use are necessary to enable us to provide services such as selling tickets.
Most internet browsers will have cookies enabled by default. If you wish to disable cookies or change how you are notified of their collection, you may need to opt-out by using your browsers respective method. You are welcome to opt out of our cookie collection at any time, but please be aware this may limit your experience of some of our services.
At times our website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. When you access a website other that sff.org.au, we are note responsible for the privacy practises of that sight. We suggest that you review the privacy polies of each site that you visit.
Why we collect your personal information
The primary reason we collect this information is:
- To provide our services to you, run our organisation & effectively support and manage our relationships with our supporters.
- To keep you updated relating to upcoming events, donations and products which we or our affiliated organisations are promoting at the time. Please bear in mind that you will always have the option to unsubscribe from receiving our updates by using the opt-out process available on all of our emails.
- To process your transactions under the terms of our credit card merchants agreements governing credit card transactions
- Mailing marketing collateral and program guides
- To engage with and acknowledge the support of current and potential donors
- To operate, protect and improve our websites, programs, services and our users experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing
- To administer rewards, surveys, competitions or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us and our partners
- When you contact us about our events or apply for a job, we use your personal information to keep in contact where appropriate.
- To let you know of any relevant health updates
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties
- Responding to requests or enquiries made by you
- To consider your employment application
We may use or disclose information we hold about you in order to combine such information with information you collected from or held by other trusted partners or from public sources, and in some cases, we may use a trusted service provider to undertake this process. We do this so that we and those other trusted partners can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive in order to better serve you.
Who we disclose your personal information to
We disclose personal information to trusted third party entities in order to efficively carry out our business. Such third party providers include:
- Our employees and related bodies corporate
- Third party suppliers and service providers (including mail houses, IT providers, payment system providers, consultants, contractors, agents and persons who collaborate with us or help us deliver programs and events.
- Where we partner with another organisation for partnered special screenings, and to those organisations and their service providers
- Our sponsors or promotors of any competition that we conduct via our services
- Specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us, including payment system operators (including merchant receiving card payments)
- Other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, as required or permitted by law.
We may disclose ticketing information with other artistic companies and agencies for research purposes. We will only disclose information where we have aggregated and processed the information in a format such that you will not be able to be identified.
How we use your personal information for direct marketing
Making you aware of our upcoming programs, initiatives and other film related programs and services is an integral part of SFF. We may use your personal information to tailor the communications you receive, to tell you about programs or initiatives provided by us or our partners that may appeal to you and engage with you in relation to, and provide you information about, donations and other philanthropic opportunities.
These communications make take the form of emails, SMS, mail or app notifications, in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Privacy Act.
You may request to stop receiving marketing communications from us at any time. To opt-out, please login to our website using your unique username and password and update your preferences to exclude marketing emails. You may also directly unsubscribe from any email using the unsubscribe link, which is available at the bottom of our emails. If you are unable to do this, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 1300 733 733.
Security of personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect all of the personal information we receive from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your information.
Our database is a customer relationship management system used solely for the purpose of Sydney Film Festival. It’s purpose is for ticketing, marketing, fundraising and customer relationship management. We use this to process current and future transactions, and to communicate efficiently with our subscribers.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You have the right to request access and correction of your personal information at any time. If you would like to update or correct your personal details, please contact us by using the information below.
Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. For security reasons you may by required to put your request in writing and confirm your identity. An administration fee may be charged.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you in inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Concerns regarding this policy
We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and other laws which protect the privacy of individuals. If you are concerned about how we handle your personal information, or wish to make a complaint, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address, telephone number and clearly describe your concerns. We will acknowledge your correspondence and respond to you within a reasonable period of time. If you think we have failed to resolve your concern satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Address your correspondence to:
The Privacy Officer
Sydney Film Festival
Level 2, 10 Hickson Road
The Rocks NSW 2000
Phone: 1300 733 733
Or email: email@example.com