SYDNEY FILM FESTIVAL IS REGISTERED AS A COVID-SAFE BUSINESS. WE ARE WORKING TOGETHER TO HELP PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19.
To help us create a safe event environment for all, SFF asks you to do the following:
- Do not attend if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, if you have been in contact with a confirmed case and/or if you have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Do not attend if you have visited any of the places on NSW Health’s list of COVID case locations.
- Please review our refund policy if you are no longer able to attend an event.
- Practice social distancing, allowing 1.5m between others and avoid close contact.
- Masks are now required at all times in the venue.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitiser (including before and after eating).
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and immediately place the tissue in the bin.
- Please use contactless payment methods at all transaction points in our venues.
Sydney Film Festival is working with our venue partners to provide the following:
- Hand sanitiser is available at main entry points and throughout the venue.
- Frequently touched surfaces are cleaned regularly throughout the venue, in addition to routine cleaning in adherence to current NSW Government recommendations.
- Patron contact details are collected when tickets are purchased for contact tracing purposes.
- SFF has reduced the seat count, and all allocated seating will meet the NSW Government guidelines around social distancing and capacity regulations.
- We have staggered our session times to ensure adherence to social gathering restrictions in our venues.
- Signage will be on display, helping to ensure 1.5m distancing is being followed, along with a greater staff presence. Please follow the instructions from our team on the ground.
Be patient, some things may be different
- There will be no cash Box Office onsite, so you will need to purchase event tickets online prior to the screening day.
- SFF is opening doors up to one hour prior to the screening start time, allowing people to be seated earlier. Review the scheduled start times and access times to avoid queues.
- Latecomers are advised they may not be seated with their party and may be seated in an empty space at the back of the venue at the usher’s discretion.
- If you or a member of your party appear to have flu-like symptoms, it is within our rights to ask you to leave and we strongly encourage you and your party to get tested. We will provide you with a mask for you to travel safely while exiting the venue.
- Please be patient with our team; we are doing all we can to keep you safe. Be considerate of your fellow attendees and try your best to understand the challenges event organisers are facing.
Please also consider your own safety and wellbeing, and whether attending is the right thing for you. By visiting a Sydney Film Festival event at this time, you voluntarily assume the risks posed by COVID-19.
WE WILL CONTINUE TO BE GUIDED BY THE NSW GOVERNMENT’S HEALTH GUIDELINES AND WILL PROVIDE UPDATES TO THIS INFORMATION.