SYDNEY FILM FESTIVAL IS REGISTERED AS A COVID SAFE BUSINESS. WE ARE WORKING TOGETHER TO HELP PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19.
Sydney Film Festival is committed to ticketholders’ safety and comfort, as well as adhering to all current NSW Health Public Health Orders and guidance.
This page will be regularly updated as restrictions and guidelines regarding seating, face masks, and capacity rulings are announced by the NSW Government.
Please note that restrictions in place at the time of purchasing a ticket may not be the same as when the Festival takes place. SFF will adhere to guidelines current at the time of the physical event, so we encourage all patrons to check back closer to the session time to review protocols in place throughout the Festival.
A refund and exchange policy is in place and can be reviewed here.
As per the most recent guidance provided by the NSW Government (dated 9 September 2021) SFF is anticipating that the Festival will be held in-person on 3 – 14 November for fully vaccinated patrons (or those with medical exemptions) with;
- 75% capacity of all venues
- All seating to be assigned (ticketed and allocated)
- Masks as mandatory
This guidance will be updated as further Public Health Orders or government advice is provided.
To help create a safe event environment for all, SFF asks you to do the following:
- Please don’t attend if you feel unwell, have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days, are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test or have returned from overseas or a hotspot area.
- Please review our refund policy if you are no longer able to attend an event.
- Practice social distancing, allowing 1.5m between others and avoid close contact.
- Face masks are strongly recommended for all audience members over 12 inside our foyers and cinema, in line with NSW Health guidelines. Please bring a face mask with you.
- Check-in using the Service NSW mobile app. Please ensure you have downloaded the Service NSW app and logged in before arriving to avoid delays. If you do not have a smartphone, staff will assist you on arrival.
- Please use contactless payment methods at all transaction points in our venues.
- Practice good hand hygiene by cleaning your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds with soap and water, use the hand sanitising stations throughout our venues and cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and immediately place the tissue in the bin.
Sydney Film Festival is working with our venue partners to provide the following:
- Hand sanitiser is available at main entry points and throughout our venues.
- Frequently touched surfaces are cleaned regularly throughout the venue, in addition to routine cleaning in adherence to current NSW Health recommendations.
- Patron contact details are collected when tickets are purchased for contact tracing purposes.
- Signage will be on display, helping to ensure 1.5m distancing is being followed, along with a greater staff presence. Please follow the instructions from our team on the ground.
Be patient, some things may be different:
- Latecomers are advised they may not be seated with their party and may be seated in an empty space at the back of the venue at the usher’s discretion.
- If you or a member of your party appear to have flu-like symptoms, it is within our rights to ask you to leave, and we strongly encourage you and your party to get tested. We will provide you with a mask for you to travel safely while exiting the venue.
- Please be patient with our team; we are doing all we can to keep you safe. Be considerate of your fellow attendees and try your best to understand the challenges event organisers are facing.
Please also consider your own safety and wellbeing, and whether attending is the right thing for you. By visiting a Sydney Film Festival event at this time, you voluntarily assume the risks posed by COVID-19.
SFF WILL CONTINUE TO BE GUIDED BY THE NSW GOVERNMENT’S HEALTH GUIDELINES AND WILL PROVIDE UPDATES TO THIS INFORMATION.