1%

SOLD OUT
Directed by Stephen McCallum
2017
Australia
92 minutes
18+
Prison was tough enough for outlaw bikie Knuck – but that’s nothing compared to what’s waiting outside. A high-octane Aussie thriller starring Matt Nable, Ryan Corr and Abbey Lee.

You can just about smell the grease and fumes in Stephen McCallum’s punchy debut feature. Welcome to the clubhouse of outlaw bikie gang Copperheads M.C. Its hard-as-nails president, Knuck (Nable), is about to finish a three-year stretch in the slammer. In Knuck’s absence, gang member Paddo (Corr), a smart guy with a vision for the future, has been holding the reins – and making unauthorised deals. With stolen narcotics and Paddo’s ambitious girlfriend, Katrina (Lee), added in to the mix this is not going to be a peaceful return to Knuck’s old-school rule. Briskly paced, vividly photographed and very well performed, 1% feels authentic at every turn. It paints an exciting and compelling picture of those who stand apart from the other 99%.

A lean, mean, well-oiled genre machine, continuing the Australian cinematic tradition of grim, violent portrayals of toxic masculinity. – Liam Dunn, Filmink

Festival guests: Stephen McCallum and Matt Nable

Supported by:

Buy Tickets

1%

Event Cinemas George St 4
Sat 9 June
8:30pm—10:02pm
Past Event Cancel

1%

The Ritz Cinema Randwick
Sun 10 June
8:45pm—10:17pm
Past Event Cancel
Year
2017
Classification
18+
Country
Australia
Language
In English
Director
Stephen McCallum
Producer
Jamie Hilton, Michael Pontin
Cast
Ryan Corr, Abbey Lee, Matt Nable, Simone Kessell
Screenwriter
Matt Nable
Cinematographer
Shelley Farthing-Dawe
Company Credits
Distributor: Icon Film Distribution
Cart
Clear Cart

Your cart is empty.

View over 500 sessions to find the right films and events for you!

Browse Program

Check out our list of films showing in your area

Browse Films

Booking Fee
$0
Subtotal
Support SFF with a donation
$
Total
Planner

Your planner helps you schedule your entire SFF experience. It shows sessions you've saved, purchased or added to your cart in a helpful timeline.

Sign in or register to save your planner!

Your planner is empty.

Use your planner to create your own, unique SFF experience

Browse Films & Events