Position Title Venue Coordinator
Reporting to Production Manager
The Sydney Film Festival (SFF) is one of the longest running events of its kind in the world. Each June, the Festival brings the best new films from around the world to audiences in Sydney. As well as features and documentaries from over 50 countries, SFF screens Australian short films and retrospective titles. The Festival hosts a number of awards to recognise excellence in filmmaking, including the Official Competition, Documentary Australia Foundation Award for Australian Documentary, and Dendy Awards for Australian Short Films (which are Academy Award eligible) incorporating fiction, animation and screenplay categories. The Festival typically occurs over 12 days each June with screenings in multiple locations across Sydney. SFF also presents the Travelling Film Festival, taking mini-festivals to 19 venues across regional NSW, the Northern Territory and regional Queensland.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Venue Coordinator will ensure the delivery of excellent front of house customer service at festival venues throughout the Sydney Film Festival, working with and managing a team of volunteers, and coordinating venue activities with venue staff at each location. The successful applicant will enjoy working in a busy environment and be able to juggle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Liaise with ticketing and ushering staff to ensure flow of audience into and out of theatre, with a particular emphasis on queue management.
- Coordinate communication between the volunteers and patrons to ensure audiences are kept informed.
- Liaise with venue staff to ensure that all venue health and safety requirements are met.
- Liaise with venue and SFF staff to coordinate daily schedules and schedule changes.
- Assist with audience voting where applicable.
- Respond to and resolve customer complaints and queries.
- Supervise and allocate tasks to volunteers.
- Facilitate seat drops and distribution of other Festival and sponsor collateral as required.
- Assist Festival Subscribers with allocated seat queries.
- Liaise with Industry & Guest team to facilitate guest arrivals.
- Work closely with the Customer Service, Ticketing Manager and Production Manager to facilitate the smooth running of the venue.
- Pre-show checks and microphone management for question and answer sessions.
- Attend the commencement of all screenings and report any audio or vision issues at the beginning of a screening to the projectionist if required.
- Produce daily incident and status reports.
- Prepare a post-Festival report summarising activities at the venue and recommend improvements for future festivals.
- Attend venue and volunteer briefing sessions prior to the commencement of the Festival.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Experience of cinema ushering, front of house or box office management
- Good communication skills
- Cool, calm and collected with a friendly, outgoing disposition
- Capable of delivering high standards of customer service
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Previous front of house experience at the State Theatre, Dendy Opera Quays, Dendy Newtown, Hayden Orpheum Picture Palace, Randwick Ritz or Event Cinemas George St
- Previous experience working in events in the arts or a cultural organisation
- Previous experience with the Ferve ticketing system or other ticketing system scanners
- An interest in film and the film industry
For a PDF copy please click here and for a Microsoft Word copy click here.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applications close Monday April 24 at 5pm.