Position Title Development Executive
Contract Duration Full time
Reporting to: Development Manager
Overview of the Position
The Development Executive is responsible for assisting the Development Manager in the delivery of Sydney Film Festival (SFF) Sponsorship partnerships and Philanthropic endeavours, with the main responsibilities being delivering sponsor benefits and managing relationships with key corporate and philanthropic stakeholders.
The particular responsibilities of the role include:
- Servicing fulfilment and reporting of partner benefits across a range of categories
- Development and negotiation with sponsors, SFF staff and external suppliers in the servicing of sponsor benefits and needs; and ensuring effective communications with the SFF’s corporate stakeholders.
Key Accountabilities and Duties
The role will be responsible, in collaboration with the Development Manager, for:
- Managing a portfolio of SFF’s cash and in-kind corporate partners, including negotiations, contracting and relationship management;
- Coordinating SFF’s Restaurant Partnerships including acquiring restaurant partners and promoting the restaurants’ offers within SFF channels;
- Assisting with the development of sponsorship proposals and acquisition, including hosting prospective partners to the Festival;
- Coordinating the fulfilment of all sponsor benefits, including:
- Acknowledgement and logo approvals;
- Ticketing & invitations;
- In-cinema media schedule;
- Photography, videography and recording;
- Website, eNews and social media placements; and
- Events and activations.
- Coordinating the development, maintenance and distribution of invitations to sponsors for SFF events, including Opening and Closing Night, sponsor and industry events;
- Managing development contacts and sponsorship records in the SFF database;
- Assisting with the sales of advertisements in the SFF Program Guide;
- Working with the Development team to coordinate the overall Festival event schedule;
- Reporting on sponsorship activity to partners;
- Deputising on all sponsorship related matters in the absence of the Development Manager.
Qualifications & Critical Competencies
- Experience in Development or Partner Management, preferably within the arts or entertainment industry;
- Excellent standard of oral and written communication skills;
- Organised and confident, with good interpersonal skills and able to deal with people at all levels of seniority;
- High standard of attention to detail and follow-through;
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure in a busy festival environment;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business/marketing/communications or equivalent are an advantage;
- Good computer skills and proficiency in the use of a range of standard applications including Excel. Desirable applications include FileMaker Pro and InDesign; and
- Flexible attitude to working hours.
SFF Core Competencies
- Team Focus: Is committed and skilled at working with and assisting others to achieve positive outcomes
- Flexible: Demonstrates a willingness to take on new challenges roles and responsibilities and adapt positively to changing working conditions and priorities
- Self-Starting: Highly motivated to achieve, shows initiative and acts proactively to deliver excellent results without directive supervision
- Interpersonal: Skilled at building rapport, understanding others needs and developing effective working relationships
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. For a PDF version of the job description, click here.
Applications close Friday 14 July 2017.